A New Year's Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bottle View Post

The important thing is that I keep going. Whether anybody reads me doesn't matter.

(Hmm, let me see, 57,756 views as of today.)
    I'll tell you what Bottle, i will stop posting if even 5 people say (post) that you're not a whack job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

I'll tell you what Bottle, i will stop posting if even 5 people say (post) that you're not a whack job.
      Nah, they don't want to mess with the likes of you. I'm the only one whose degree of not caring is sufficient to do that.

But I appreciate your saying that nobody reads my stuff and I don't have any friends. Really, my seventh graders are more mature than you. And please, readers who are my friends, in some cases great friends, I beg you not to reply to this loon.

And loon, go ahead and post all you want. You are so delightful. Love to read you. I do like real loons if not humanid loons. Had two favorite loons on Boyden's Lake in Maine. They'd go under and come up a hundred yards away. And made noise like 10splayer.
      Last edited by bottle; 09-10-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

That guy should restrain himself whenever it comes to women's tennis, lest people think that A. he doesn't like women and B. he doesn't like Afro-Americans. And TennisPlayer might well ask why it doesn't have women in its discussion board the way it once did and how it could increase the number of women on its subscription roll.
        I don't plan on restraining myself based on anything you say. I think I like women and African Americans as much as the next guy. I look past the demographics as much as possible and see people...which have a tendency to disappoint in general. Can one be accused of racism if their faith in the human race comes up short of smelling like roses?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...172469001.html

One grows weary of your baseless accusations regarding racism and sexism. Naziism. The harbinger of them all. You are claiming nonexistent victories with your baseless accusations. Oh Great Social Warrior...what do you make of the video in the article? What can we...if anything...conclude from the video? You...the expert and all knowing psychopath...sociopath. Social Justice Warrior. I am curious. I haven't drawn any real conclusions about the video myself but I do find it curious and thought that you might just be able to shed some light on it. Some of your wisdom. Your wit and what are you calling it? Tough questions given your proclivities. Give it a shot. In between self feed on the Southfield Freeway at rush hour. I understand the bounce is perfectly true.

Were either of the women in the U. S. Open match that I was discussing African American? Were both of them? I didn't notice. Later I saw Sloane Stephens accepting a check for 3.7 million dollars and I had to ask myself what she had done to earn that compared to Rafael Nadal's effort to earn the same amount. As a bonus...Sloane managed to throw in her saga how she had come back from injury and what a great mother she had...and on and on and on. Personally I am not all that interested in the personal lives of athletes. It is the contest on the field that interests me and nothing else.

I thought the Women's Final was abysmally played and it had nothing to do with anything other than the tennis. But why does Mr. Social Justice Warrior make everything to be about demographics? Is he the real racist? This may be a good lesson for your 175 African American students to ponder a bit. By the way...watch "To Sir With Love" about a million times before proceeding with your lesson plans about being a good Trump hater. A good American hater. Try to do things with love. Particularly when you teach. Love, truth and trust. These are the key ingredients to good teaching.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• I'll keep your last few sentences in mind. The rest of the diatribe I can do without. I'm glad you've got a friend or two to support you. The stuff about me getting killed on the interstate doesn't need response from me. Other than that it demonstrates character deficiency on the part of the two guys who say it. I know you and think you are better than that. As far as the other guy, I don't know. I reserve judgment. Once he wanted to be friends. Not now. Okay. And the video didn't work on my computer for some reason. Okay again. It just would have depressed me as a lot of this stuff does.

You guys are not going to change me nor I you so why should anybody try? The audience is other people, and one doesn't have to go around counting every nose or making up some number the way an advertising person like Donald Trump does. I'm serious. I think that both you and 10splayer have been overly influenced by that man. Always thinking about demographics: How many books did you sell-- three? How many friends do you have at TennisPlayer-- not many. An obscenity comes to mind, but it would be better if 10splayer put a book in the Amazon slush pile himself to see how he does. Then he would know a little more about the realities of American publishing.

If either of you want to write and sell a book, I advise going the more traditional route. My best friend's cult movie SHOOT THE WHALE appears to be catching on half a century after he made it-- in Germany of all places even though it contains stock Nazis in Death Valley. 90 per cent luck, I believe, and I've not had more than my share of that (according to my sister).
          Last edited by bottle; 09-11-2017, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge

Absolute nonsense...per usual. Watch the video. Discuss it with us. Discuss it with your classes to get their perspective. I haven't been influenced one little nano iota by Donald Trump. Another of your baseless statements that you draw out of midair. Obviously I am my own man. Ask Hope. She'll tell you.

Nobody is trying to change you. You are perfect just the way you are. The perfect campaign mechanism for Donald Trump...ironically.
            No, actually, Hope has said-- and more than once-- that you are a nut. Sorry about that. Actually, I am the one who cuts you more slack. But I couldn't get the video to work. Do you think I make stuff like that up? Okay, it's a video about black people looting buildings in hurricane ravaged areas. I get the idea, but maybe I'm a white person almost ready to loot some buildings. Push anyone far enough and they will loot.

That's a nice theory about people who are articulate on the subject of Trump's flaws playing right into his hands. It's wishful thinking. People who are standing up to him are the ones who are bringing him down. Even stronger are the ones who effectively laugh at him, for, as Mark Twain pointed out, no one can stand up to laughter. You certainly do promulgate some convoluted theories, but that's okay, I guess, if you've got nothing better to do.

So instead of calling your stuff nonsense as you just called mine, I think I'll call it baloney today, yes that is the word I shall use today-- baloney. Would like to apply it to the utterances of Steve Bannon as well, a guy with whom you have more in common than a first name, in my view.

And are you the one to decide whether you have been influenced by Donald Trump? A better subject for evaluation by other persons, I would submit. Sometimes, despite your claims, I wonder if you know yourself at all and even more how you are coming across.

Of course that is something you would say about me and have many times. I think it's amazing how the same arguments get used in the two opposite directions over and over. But submit again that it is air-brained projection by Trump and his cronies so unable to put in distance between him and them. The way it works is that somebody on the left says something, and then the person on the right gets very belligerent and truculent, and uses the same words (complaining all the while about how mean they were) and directs them back. Sort of like a block in tennis. But then the right wingnuts get all romantic and misty-eyed about what a shrewd guy Trump is and how he can turn anything back.

No he can't. He blocks the ball on the frame, not the strings. Much more inept than people like you seem to realize.

Well, I just wrote all that very fast. Don't have time for much more. I think that most conservatives nowadays are jelly doughnuts with sentimentality not substance (and certainly not facts!) at their core.
            Last edited by bottle; 09-11-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge

More straw man fluff. Asking questions and then you supply the answers.

But for now...Hope told you that I was good looking and when a woman says this she means the same thing when a man says it. It's what is not said that counts. Hope also said that I was a man of the world once she heard me out about the odyssey I had been on for the past 12 years or so. You weren't listening to me. You were too fixated on "bringing me down" already. I was only explaining that it was prudent to hear Donald Trump out at that point which was a year before the election and not too many were giving him a chance.

The rest is history. You flunked the test about the "looters" by the way. You, bubble, are the racist. Unable to see beyond the demographics. I'll explain later. I have a class at the club that will test the game of tennis. A group of sixteen or seventeen. That is enough to qualify as a mob but I am certain that it will not.
              She called you a nut. And if she called you a man of the world, now she thinks you are a hick.

Comment

• Questions

Having been photographically burned in effigy one time in the Tennis Warehouse discussion board, I think nothing of using voodoo dolls to take revenge on my electronic antagonists whether here or someplace else.

The dude will be halfway through a forehand when suddenly he will feel a long pin in the process of running through the top of his shoulder carapace from front to back.

This is somewhat similar to 10splayer wishing my death on a Michigan intrastate. He did not specify slow or quick. Slow, I imagine.

I took this seriously in that both my recent partner Hope and I had separate, horrendous blowouts on these roads in our separate vehicles.

My previous Hungarian girlfriend, a mystical person, taught me to be very superstitious about all such threats on anyone's person since they often come true.

But when 10splayer calls me a "whack-job" as he has frequently done, is he just showing the result of an impoverished vocabulary or actually accusing me of masturbation? And how, I would like to know, does he know anything about that? Any more than he knows my publishing history? How can he know anything about the past New York literary agents who actually took on my work (four to six depending on interpretation)?

And how does one determine success in New York publishing? A best-seller? That would be a failure, wouldn't it?

In any case, Annie Dillard wrote at her website, "I am unaware of any publishers taking on new writers at this time."

And as Pliny wrote long ago, There is nothing certain but uncertainty, and nothing more miserable and arrogant than man.
                Last edited by bottle; 09-11-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Questions

Having been photographically burned in effigy one time in the Tennis Warehouse discussion board, I think nothing of using voodoo dolls to take revenge on my electronic antagonists whether here or someplace else.

The dude will be halfway through a forehand when suddenly he will feel a long pin in the process of running through the top of his shoulder carapace from front to back.

This is somewhat similar to 10splayer wishing my death on a Michigan intrastate. He did not specify slow or quick. Slow, I imagine.

I took this seriously in that both my recent partner Hope and I had separate, horrendous blowouts on these roads in our separate vehicles.

My previous Hungarian girlfriend, a mystical person, taught me to be very superstitious about all such threats on anyone's person since they often come true.

But when 10splayer calls me a "whack-job" as he has frequently done, is he just showing the result of an impoverished vocabulary or actually accusing me of masturbation? And how, I would like to know, does he know anything about that? Any more than he knows my publishing history? How can he know anything about the past New York literary agents who actually took on my work (four to six depending on interpretation)?

And how does one determine success in New York publishing? A best-seller? That would be a failure, wouldn't it?

In any case, Annie Dillard wrote at her website, "I am unaware of any publishers taking on new writers at this time."

And as Pliny wrote long ago, There is nothing certain but uncertainty, and nothing more miserable and arrogant than man.
                  Oh Bottle...Do you really think I wish for your death? Do you really believe I was not joking? Are you really going to take the victims role? Come on. Make no mistake about it, I find you a wholly unsympathetic character, but I certainly wouldn't wish that on anyone. Truth is, I find your story a sad one.

Comment

Oh Bottle...Do you really think I wish for your death? Do you really believe I was not joking? Are you really going to take the victims role? Come on. Make no mistake about it, I find you a wholly unsympathetic character, but I certainly wouldn't wish that on anyone. Truth is, I find your story a sad one.
                    I find the joking more offensive than if you just came out and said, "Die, fool! " Humor, no. Joking without humor, yes. Joking in a jugular vein. Words have their own life. You can't change them once they have left the nest (or this case) mess of your brain. And your sympathy would make me puke.

Wake up you old image of Gawd
                    Get on with your sinful existence
                    Continue to perpetrate fraud
                    The Lord will reward your persistence.
                    Double-cross your old mother, you turd,
                    And sell your young wife in her bed.
                    You thing G.O.D.'s just a word?
                    He'll show you as soon as you're dead.

Comment

She called you a nut. And if she called you a man of the world, now she thinks you are a hick.
                      don_budge is the one to whom this is addressed.

I'll let you take over my sixth hour class. Cultural insensitivity really goes over well there. We'll retool the looting video to have voiceover by Donald Trump. But this school is not Grand Valley State. Audio-visual equipment exists but so far doesn't work. We may need direct financing from Betsy De Vos's personal pocketbook before you can show your precious video.

If I am about to last for ten minutes more, you would make it through two.

And if you are as good looking as you think, you need to read the short story "The Universal Fears" by John Hawkes. After what happens to the teacher in that one-- on a Monday morning "bright as the birds"-- he returns to his flat with a mountainous turban of medical gauze on his head and there he talks to his dog named "Murph" not "Puntzie."

All the hens in the henhouse are asquawk. Hurrah! Easy, much too easy.
                      Last edited by bottle; 09-12-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I find the joking more offensive than if you just came out and said, "Die, fool! " Humor, no. Joking without humor, yes. Joking in a jugular vein. Words have their own life. You can't change them once they have left the nest (or this case) mess of your brain. And your sympathy would make me puke.

Wake up you old image of Gawd
                        Get on with your sinful existence
                        Continue to perpetrate fraud
                        The Lord will reward your persistence.
                        Double-cross your old mother, you turd,
                        And sell your young wife in her bed.
                        You thing G.O.D.'s just a word?
                        He'll show you as soon as you're dead.
                        Oh trust me, I'm very straightforward, and if I felt that way i'd say so. In your case, I just find you a pathetic, clueless, old man shouldered with the "what ifs". You're obviously an angry old man, and I find that sad. But wishing your death? Come on, for that to be the case, one would have to believe I somehow obsess and/or am consumed by your opinion. Get a grip.

Comment

don_budge is the one to whom this is addressed.

I'll let you take over my sixth hour class. Cultural insensitivity really goes over well there. We'll retool the looting video to have voiceover by Donald Trump. But this school is not Grand Valley State. Audio-visual equipment exists but so far doesn't work. We may need direct financing from Betsy De Vos's personal pocketbook before you can show your precious video.

If I am about to last for ten minutes more, you would make it through two.

And if you are as good looking as you think, you need to read the short story "The Universal Fears" by John Hawkes. After what happens to the teacher in that one-- on a Monday morning "bright as the birds"-- he returns to his flat with a mountainous turban of medical gauze on his head and there he talks to his dog named "Murph" not "Puntzie."

All the hens in the henhouse are asquawk. Hurrah! Easy, much too easy.
                          I never look in the mirror. I have lost what looks I had.

don_budge
                          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I never look in the mirror. I have lost what looks I had.
                            You'll probably delete that one later.

Comment

Oh trust me, I'm very straightforward, and if I felt that way i'd say so. In your case, I just find you a pathetic, clueless, old man shouldered with the "what ifs". You're obviously an angry old man, and I find that sad. But wishing your death? Come on, for that to be the case, one would have to believe I somehow obsess and/or am consumed by your opinion. Get a grip.
                              And WHY in the world should I trust you? It's not just the self-feed in the middle of the highway thing but the recent image you used to describe me. A self-image of yourself, I might add, since all writing is autobiographical. It seems to me that when you engage in conversation with somebody in a forum like this you make some kind of a compact not to use language like that. We certainly, once you did that, could never be friends nor could there ever be redemption of any kind. I am not an elephant but I will never forget. And what is this crap about getting a grip and having a sad and angry life? And what do you really know about my life? Very little, I would submit. To me I'm having a great life right now-- difficult for sure but that is part of its greatness.

With Steve, who also has directed unforgivable language my way, things are different in that I met with him and there is considerable history in this relationship behind both of us. You are simply "a thoroughly unsympathetic character" to use your own other phrase for me. Again, though, I don't want your sympathy since it would make me want to...no, I won't say that again. Will try to restrain myself. And suggest you do the same.

I don't want to play with you as partner at the tennis social. Would play with one of several good partners against you though.

Let's all have a bit of dignity. It isn't necessary to take down every person who has a voice.
                              Last edited by bottle; 09-12-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• teachestennis may be even worse. When I take everybody together I begin to approach the conclusion that I don't like people who teach tennis very much. But there are great exceptions. Jim Kacian, Shea Brown, Sebastien Foka, and -- if I may drop a name-- Luke Jensen come to mind. I associate some great teachers with Tennis Player as well. Everybody agrees on who they are.
                                Last edited by bottle; 09-12-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3061 users online. 6 members and 3055 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X