X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up to 6

Dear lobndropshot,

Your account on TennisPlayer.net Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:

All the best,
    TennisPlayer.net Forums

Comment

• It may be the awesome May Issue of tennisplayer.net

The server could not handle the quantity of traffic and wealth of information being shared.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

• Guys,

I think the problem is solved--some weird server glitch. Let me know if not.

John

Comment

• TennisTV question: Just noticed that it is not offering any Roland Garros matches. Any idea why, John?

Comment

• They don't do the Slams! Just everything else.

Comment

• Thanks! Do you know who does the slams?

Comment

• I think ESPN online does some. There is also a new TennisChannel ipad app. $60USD
                Haven't tried it.

Subscribe to Tennis Channel Plus and watch over 1300 live matches as well thousands of on-demand matches. Are you a Tennis Channel subscriber? Authenticate and watch the network streamed live.
                Last edited by johnyandell; 05-25-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• All Independent

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                  TennisTV question: Just noticed that it is not offering any Roland Garros matches. Any idea why, John?
                  The tennis tournaments are all, independent businesses. While the ATP Tour has various deals across its network of events, the four so-called Grand Slam events are each separate businesses that do joint marketing and trademark deals.

So, TennisTV would have to strike a deal with the French Tennis organization, and apparently has not.

Tennis Channel a pricey online deal ($59.99 / yr) for equivalent coverage that includes all the French Open, every court -- except finals weekend where NBC and ESPN take over

Meanwhile, if you have DirecTV, go to the 700 numbers for every court of the early rounds.

There is no central authority in tennis, so it is organized chaos <g>

Comment

• Tennis matches, and everything else, on line

I go do https://www.drakulastream.eu/tennis-...ing-video.html

I got this out of LiveScoreHunter.com or LSHunter.com

You have to navigate through the banner ads until you can get to the underlying window and then you can eliminate the adds by switching to full screen. Certainly not as good as TennisTV (such a shame). But it is a way to get to see the matches if you don't have cable or Direct TV. In Europe, you have better access to some other online sources. You can find them at LSHunter.com.

don

Comment

• Thank you Don.

Comment

• Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
                        I go do https://www.drakulastream.eu/tennis-...ing-video.html

I got this out of LiveScoreHunter.com or LSHunter.com

You have to navigate through the banner ads until you can get to the underlying window and then you can eliminate the adds by switching to full screen. Certainly not as good as TennisTV (such a shame). But it is a way to get to see the matches if you don't have cable or Direct TV. In Europe, you have better access to some other online sources. You can find them at LSHunter.com.

don
                        Just be careful, because I noticed when I use these sites, I usually get spyware and other infections and always have to run special sw to clean things up again. It often introduces things I don't want in my Firefox browser...

Comment

• Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                          Just be careful, because I noticed when I use these sites, I usually get spyware and other infections and always have to run special sw to clean things up again. It often introduces things I don't want in my Firefox browser...
                          Yes. I think I may have that problem too. I'm pretty careful about not opening or loading any of the offers on the site. It's tricky getting past all the banners.

What do you use to clean out the Firefox?

don

Comment

• a couple questions

Out of all the sites I have explored this is by far the best. The articles do a great job of explaining why and with video too! I have a couple questions.

1) The one handed backhand. On the backswing the racket is taken back and then the hips start to turn and the forward swing begins a little before the racket reaches the lowest point of the swing. My question is: does the racket start accelerating towards the lowest point and then continue upward, or is it more of a racket drop to the lowest point and the real acceleration begins once the lowest point is reached?

2) The sense that I have gotten from the serve articles is that the reason the trophy position is so important is because it is conducive to a good racket drop. Currently my arm/elbow is higher than my shoulder instead of below like in the trophy position seen in the videos. My question is: If I currently get a good racket drop w/o getting to the ideal trophy position should I work to get into the trophy position?

Thanks!
                            Regg.

Comment

• Regg,

Thanks for the good words--and good questions!

On the backhand I don't think it's possible to manipulate these complex variables you describe consciously when you play or even practice. As the article this month points out you need one or two key images.

The pro one-handers are hit with extreme closed stances which contributes to the racket going behind the body. It's less with neutral stance which is a better club stance. But that effect usually takes care of itself to the extent it should happen.

The big key is to turn the shoulders fully at the bounce. Keep the backswing relatively compact. Now don't try to rotate the hips. Visualize the hitting arm straight and the extension position of the swing.

The trophy position facilitates the drop, but also, the timing of the drop. It shouldn't happen until the loading and turning is complete. It's hard for me to analyze your serve windup without some video. Care to send some in?
                              But the short answer is that a great drop is more important than the specific wind up shape.

Comment

• Kick back...cannot create it.

John,

I have a kid who has no kick back on his serve. The leg and hips seem to swing around prematurely and kick back just doesn't happen. I switched him from pinpoint to platform around two months ago but had no luck here either. The hip and leg continue to swivel round.

I can get him to drive up and shadow stroke a serve with kick back perfectly but he cannot translate it into an actual serve.

Are there any articles or case studies in the archive which might help me rectify this problem?

I am a little stumped here.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8046 users online. 3 members and 8043 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X