Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say he illegally published our footage (Sampras stills) and refused to take them down. He came to one of my uspta talks and disrupted it and tried to turn it into his talk.
    He was a zealot in the worst sense of that word. Passionate but inflexible and immune to evidence.
    So yes, I didn't care for him personally, though I am sorry he died. I've written about these issues many times.

But just for you Phil here is a world premiere of a one minute audition tape I did for ESPN specifically on the wrist in the serve--might actually work out into a series, we'll see:

I also discuss the wrist here:

Here is the original article on the myth of the wrist that set pappas off:

Wrist movement is not the same as snap if by that we mean a conscious effort to flex the wrist forward or to the side.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 07-14-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Thanks John. His revolutionary tennis site is full of controversial points...

Comment

• Yeah my advice is to avoid it because of it's wrong headedness and because of his unethical use of our material. (Maybe that second one is just me...)

Mark was one of those guys who learned in a certain way from his "sainted" father and spent the rest of his life attacking anyone who disagreed. He was thoroughly unpleasant.
        Last edited by johnyandell; 07-14-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• John, I was practicing my backhand yesterday. Any tips? Thanks

Comment

• What's going on with the forum? Have we gone all modern? What was wrong with the classic forum? This is going to take some getting used to...

STOTTY
            Stotty

Comment

• Stotty,
              I agree and I didn't really have a choice--something about one upgrade necessitates another..Our programmer will get it right or at least better...hang in there...everyone.
              John

Comment

• Phil,
                Try keeping the torso more sideways until the swing extends.

Comment

• This new forum format is a bit of a curve ball for me. Threw me off for a point or two. Gonna have to adjust. And I will. Tennis is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you handle it. I will handle this.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

• John, is the forum finished? I have to say it's looking a bit bland at the moment. A bit of colour wouldn't come amiss. We need to get the decorators in. I do like some of the new bells and whistles, though,
                    Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                      John, is the forum finished? I have to say it's looking a bit bland at the moment. A bit of colour wouldn't come amiss. We need to get the decorators in. I do like some of the new bells and whistles, though,
                      It's a nightmare.
                      don_budge
                      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• To Our Suffering Subscribers!

I’ve been waiting everyday to get the word that our beloved Forum is back to normal. Although I have every confidence in our programmers I have been stunned at the delay and am extremely frustrated. Many of you have written to ask why did we break what didn’t need fixing? Great question. The answer is that the god of software who controls all our lives has insisted that to make our admin system work we change the Forum as well.
                        I am going to Toronto Friday July 22 to film for a week—more of the best players in the world—the ones we have only here. There’s something more positive! I’d ask for your patience but mine is at an end. So we will just have to suffer together. Wish it was over—and it will be.

John Yandell

Comment

• Got used to the new forum style. Question: is private messaging no longer available?

Comment

• Message Center...

I cannot use the message center because it appears that there is a function now built in that somehow tallies my posts into my number of messages. The center is recognizing that I have made "100 posts" and the system only allows for me to have 50 messages before I have used my alloted space. But when I click on those posts I cannot see how I can delete them from the tally.

On the "Who's Online" function you used to be able to see who was reading what thread and this is no longer possible.

FYI...

don_budge
                            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• I pray to god we are getting closer to solving all of this.

Comment

• OK, I found it. Just question of getting used to it. All looks OK to me, just a question of getting used to it.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2529 users online. 4 members and 2525 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X