Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get Feliciano Lopez's first serve clips to play in the Stroke Archive.
    Stotty

Comment

• Right you are will look into it. You can see some serves though in the serve and volley section.

Comment

• Stotty, Lopez serves are back!

Comment

• Thanks, John. Nice serve. I am using him as a model for a lefty I am coaching.
          Stotty

Comment

• Good model!

Comment

• Thanks Johm, am online again....

Comment

• At least some things are working in the crazy world

Comment

• John,
                  If you're looking for a topic during this downtime I, for one, would love to see you revisit Fabio Fognini's forehand.
                  I see you touched on his compact swing in this forum back in 2017, here:
                  Fabio Fognini Forehand His on court behavior has often been abhorrent, but his forehand is effortless and compact, and an interesting combination of technical

I continue to be amazed at both the spin and velocity Fogs, at 5 ft 10 in, can generate with such a compact swing.
                  Looking at your forum discussion, the other thing that jumped out at me is how much greater topspin is these days across the tour.
                  Both these graphics I uploaded are from Tennis TV stats compiled by nom-de-web Vestige du Jour (a Japanese stat guru out of Paris).
                  You see Fog's average topspin forehand is equivalent to that of Nadal, and his average velocity in one is a hefty 76 mph (I've seen him near 110 mph on his forehand).
                  If the spin measurements are consistently done, the over 3,200 RPMs for Fognini in Miami is 700 RPMs more than what is shared in your 2017 forum thread. But that is in line with increases across the ATP.

Hope you find Fog's forehand worth a comment (or any new vid?).
                  Thanks and stay safe everyone. / jim

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• No new vid. But this is revealing!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
                      John,
                      If you're looking for a topic during this downtime I, for one, would love to see you revisit Fabio Fognini's forehand.
                      I see you touched on his compact swing in this forum back in 2017, here:
                      Fabio Fognini Forehand His on court behavior has often been abhorrent, but his forehand is effortless and compact, and an interesting combination of technical

I continue to be amazed at both the spin and velocity Fogs, at 5 ft 10 in, can generate with such a compact swing.
                      Looking at your forum discussion, the other thing that jumped out at me is how much greater topspin is these days across the tour.
                      Both these graphics I uploaded are from Tennis TV stats compiled by nom-de-web Vestige du Jour (a Japanese stat guru out of Paris).
                      You see Fog's average topspin forehand is equivalent to that of Nadal, and his average velocity in one is a hefty 76 mph (I've seen him near 110 mph on his forehand).
                      If the spin measurements are consistently done, the over 3,200 RPMs for Fognini in Miami is 700 RPMs more than what is shared in your 2017 forum thread. But that is in line with increases across the ATP.

Hope you find Fog's forehand worth a comment (or any new vid?).
                      Thanks and stay safe everyone. / jim

Can you post the link to the original images?

Thanks!

J

Comment

• Fabio Fognini Forehand His on court behavior has often been abhorrent, but his forehand is effortless and compact, and an interesting combination of technical

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                          Jolly,
                          Makes sense--sorta. Wanna post a video?
                          johnyandell Sorry it took so long. Not the best quality as it was getting dark but I got to film a few balls hitting easy with the Ms. If we get to drill this week I will take video of putting a little more on the ball, but I think this shows what I am talking about with the pause.

Please excuse the 1hander, I am trying to rest my left wrist while I have no matches or work.

Also nytennisaddict

J

Comment

• Yeah I don't see a physical pause just a nice smooth rhythm.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                              Yeah I don't see a physical pause just a nice smooth rhythm.
                              Maybe it worked then!

J

Comment

• Looks like!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7769 users online. 5 members and 7764 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X