This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John -

Just curious if you're still using the Pocket Radar Ball Coach much? Found a good deal on Ebay and decided to get a "new toy" Reread your article on it and wanted to know where you had the best success in placing the Pocket Radar for the most reliable/accurate readings? Behind or across/thru the net for both serves and groundstrokes, thanks.

Sean

Comment

• Yes I am. Either directly behind the path of the ball for serve. Or in front and close. For groundstrokes I sit down in front of the net.

Comment

• It's the before and after speeds that are useful in seeing the effect of technical change.

Comment

• DB, Did you get my message?

Comment

• John

When a tour player hits a heavy kick serve, does the ball leave the racket strings going ever so slightly upwards before it descends? Or does it go dead horizontal on leaving the strings and then descend? Or is it descending from the outset of leaving the strings? Went to the archive but couldn't find anything definitive.

Just curious...
            Stotty

Comment

• Yeah great question...not sure I have an answer but will look further.

Comment

• JY...you've got a couple of spammers in the forum. The first three threads are infected.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Yep thanks!

Comment

• Quick question...

John

Who would you choose as a model for the two-hander? The obvious one is Novak but he tilts the racket face to quite a closed position as he initiates the backswing (something that might be dangerous for juniors to copy as they might keep their racket face too closed for too long), plus he drops the racket head quite low as he initiates. I was thinking Murray might be a better model for juniors to study and emulate? Any thoughts on the idea? Anyone else? Curious as to who you would opt for as a model.
                    Stotty

Comment

• Murray's good. How about Agassi?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                        Murray's good. How about Agassi?
                        I took a look in the archive. Yes Andre is a good one. Dead simple. A nice one for kids to try and emulate.

Thanks!
                        Stotty

Comment

• Yep. The only wild card is the straight arms.

Comment

• Hi John, Happy New Year. I was just wondering if you have any video of Nick Kyrgios's serve? It was just mentioned briefly in a post from our new Spanish friend, and I thought I'd take a look, but couldn't find anything.

Comment

• Yep it's in the Interactive Forum. Like through to that through the front page.

Comment

• Got it - June 2017. Thanks

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3401 users online. 10 members and 3391 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X