X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok!

Comment

• Like the new design!
      FYI: I tested uploading an image and got an error message: "Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type"
      The image was a standard .JPG of only 109 KB.

Comment

• just wanted to note fyi that when I click the link at the bottom of an article to go to the forum discussion, I get directed to this central forum page instead of to the thread stemming from the article.

Comment

• OK good point!

Comment

• The promotion piece for the book Epic, at the bottom of the Stefano Tsitsipas profile, says McEnroe won 1980 WImbledon. I was there. He didn't .

Comment

• Ha, was that 1981?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                Ha, was that 1981?
                It was. A man of your age ought to have known that like the back of his hand! Don't worry, I won't tell Bjorn.
                Stotty

Comment

• The problem is my age.

Comment

• Me too! Had to double check the date for one of my seminal tennis experiences. Went as a teenager with my sister, and were offered £200 a ticket by a scalper - loads of money! But we couldn't decide whether we'd pretend to our Dad that we'd actually watched the match, or not, and turned down the money....

Comment

• Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                      Me too! Had to double check the date for one of my seminal tennis experiences. Went as a teenager with my sister, and were offered £200 a ticket by a scalper - loads of money! But we couldn't decide whether we'd pretend to our Dad that we'd actually watched the match, or not, and turned down the money....
                      That match was worth a £1000 a ticket...priceless actually. You were outrageously lucky.
                      Stotty

Comment

• Wish I had been there...

Comment

• As well as the tennis, what I remember keenly were the emotional swings in the crowd - initially, definitely pro-McEnroe; but after the first set, we didn't want our champion (Borg) to be defeated so easily; then the 4th set back behind McEnroe; and after that tie-break we were all emotionally drained and in awe. I know I was incredibly lucky.

Comment

• Watched every second on TV

Comment

• FYI, when I clicked the link to see the forum discussion of Scott Murphy's Volley part 2. it brings me to the main page for the "fabulous forum" rather than to the posts on this particular article.

Comment

• Thanks. Will look into that!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8124 users online. 5 members and 8119 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X