X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Comment

• Just FYI about posting pictures in forum entries. There appear to be some bugs when using the 'advanced editor' to place images in line with text. PNG files only appear thumbnail size, no matter which size is selected. Results with JPGs vary widely and I can't find a clear pattern. Yesterday, attempting to insert a JPG at medium size yielded only a tiny thumbnail that was unreadable, while selecting either large or 'full size' yielded identical images both much larger than the actual image width. Also, if I make more than one attempt to insert an image "Delete" is sporadic. Sometimes it will remove an image, others not, so one can end up with multiple copies of the image. Thanks for listening and good luck.

Comment

• TP directs me to login on the home page but I cannot login to the home page. Once I login I am login'd to the forum but I cannot access the monthly issue.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Yeah try now. I had the same prob...

Comment

• Hi John, wonderful series on the 2handed backhand in your Teaching Systems.
            In the grips video, for the top hand you mention the heel pad being viable on bevels 7,8 and 4.
            I'm guessing you mean 6 in stead of 4.

The timing of the video is between 2:40 and 3:15

Comment

• Yes! Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                Yeah try now. I had the same prob...
                Still unable to login and read the monthly issue of TP.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Terrible! Our programmer is baffled too. I am using Chrome (try that) it usually works but sometimes I have to close and then reopen the browser. Anyone else??

Comment

• As a new subscriber I would like more guidance on where to swim in this wealth of material.

Comment

• Great request. With 15 years plus of monthly issues there is a lot! You can browse by topic on the nav bar or by issue from the front page. I find some subscribers are here for the Stroke Archives and we have an incredible new section with stroke models that you can study side by side, uploading your own strokes.

Technically as far as lessons go, I would start with the Ulimate Fundamentals section. All the strokes are there in short video pieces.

These strokes are all discussed in detail in the multiple articles in the New Teaching Method series. A lot of people really like the Your Strokes section with analysis of the strokes of players at many levels.

One section that is sometimes overlooked is the Mental Game. The older articles (scroll down!) by Jim Loehr are still the gold standard.

I could go on... but there are some good starting points. Anyone else want to jump in with suggestions for Baba?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                        Great request. With 15 years plus of monthly issues there is a lot! You can browse by topic on the nav bar or by issue from the front page. I find some subscribers are here for the Stroke Archives and we have an incredible new section with stroke models that you can study side by side, uploading your own strokes.

Technically as far as lessons go, I would start with the Ulimate Fundamentals section. All the strokes are there in short video pieces.

These strokes are all discussed in detail in the multiple articles in the New Teaching Method series. A lot of people really like the Your Strokes section with analysis of the strokes of players at many levels.

One section that is sometimes overlooked is the Mental Game. The older articles (scroll down!) by Jim Loehr are still the gold standard.

I could go on... but there are some good starting points. Anyone else want to jump in with suggestions for Baba?
                        Advanced Tennis and Biomechanics are the most frequented by me....and of course the stroke archive.

And get involved in the Forum, bababa!
                        Last edited by stotty; 03-02-2021, 02:49 PM.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Stotty if you are going thru Advanced Tennis the articles is Teaching Systems may be more "sytematic." Hopefully Baba stays in the Forum!

Comment

• Bababa,
                            Great introduction...

Comment

• There is a lot more there!!

Comment

• In the high speed archive, under “serve and volley sequences” it is criminal you don’t have Richard Krajicek videos. Would be great if you included a Wimbledon Champion that has a winning record against Sampras.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
                                Delray Beach
                                SETS Consulting

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8014 users online. 4 members and 8010 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X