• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottle View Post
    Told you-all I could do it.
    I did, I did!

Comment

Okay, 10splayer, is the forum now unruined?

If so, will you please stop saying I ruined it, over and over like a goddamn parrot?

Yes, he's back by popular demand. And I shouldn't claim the credit. Just thought it would be fun to do so, and no more improbable than your cockamamie parroting that I ruined the forum, i.e., ruined it by driving don_budge off.

Or did you have something else in mind, if you have a mind, which in your inimitable fashion you failed quite to express? If so, try again. Try and try to put it across whatever it is.
      Last edited by bottle; 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

When the pressure's on and you're all alone
        Take a little ride into the danger zone
        When the moon is up and the skies are clear
        Just show me a sign and we'll be outa here
        Take me up on a wing and a prayer
        If you need a friend you know I'll be there
        Hound dogs howlin' all through the night
        Eight miles high and I'm doin' alright
        Better move over 'cause you're goin' too slow
        I feel the need for freedom now it's time to go
        It's a fine line between pleasure and pain
        Let your conscience be your guide 'til we meet again
        Your time has come you can stand or you can run
        But don't keep it all inside
        'Cause you gotta understand that there ain't no second chance
        No-one gets outa here alive only the strong survive
        Tearin' it up goin' down the track
        Gonna fly so high, I might never come back
        If things get tough you can count me in
        'Cause if you play the game you gotta play to win
        Take me up where only angels can fly
        If you need a helpin' hand I won't pass you by
        No-one gets outa here alive only the strong survive
        Take me up on a wing and a prayer
        If you need someone you know I'll be there
        No-one gets outa here alive
        Only the strong survive
        Only the strong survive
        Well I'm doin' what I can you gotta understand
        Only the strong survive

Comment

Words not to live by.

Comment

Is it just me or does everyone here have a hard time making sense of anything Bottle writes here?

Anyways, I agree. Yes, words not to live by for you.

Pretty soon a new Russian deal will be done, the big Red Machine will leave Crimea, the EU will pay MORE than their fair share, Mexico will pay for the wall, Canada will stop playing politics and not attempt to delay, delay and delay this USA administration.

Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-12-2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Hi. How are ya? Yeah, well, democracy has always been hard to understand. It's easier just to imagine everybody in the same boat. And the skipper decides everything for everybody. But what if he's crazy? Or, as in the case of the freighter I worked on, a drunk who never comes out of his cabin? Even in the case of a good man rising to dictator, which has happened no more than once or twice in all of history, he soon will be corrupt. Because power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Comment

A Mission for don_budge...

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                He wrote me a note on 05-05-2018 ... we chatted a bit about golf and he mentioned he was headed to Finland this month to pick up a wolf dog.
                Yep...deep into the heart of Finland. Five hour drive to Stockholm capped by a ten minute ride following a cabbie to get me to the harbour. GPS had me going around in circles. After the first circle and into the second I stopped at a cab stand and asked this foreign looking guy to take me to the harbour. Drove the car onto the ferry and fifteen hour cruise to Finland...the water was as smooth as glass.. You could have waterskied on the sea that day. Arrived in Finland at ten in the morning and had to drive the car off the ferry so I parked at the terminal where I was to meet the lady and the dog.

They arrived right on time at one in the afternoon. We walked around and talked. She had her man with her...an ex special forces guy who owned like fifty some dogs together with her twenty-eight or so. He was into eighteen dog sled teams. International competitions. Fascinating people. She said she was a feral person. I totally understood. But the dog was and is a beautiful animal. York is his name. Funny thing...while we were chatting and walking around the outside of the terminal with York there was this homeless guy. Odd looking...half of his head was shaved. I don't know that he was homeless actually but he was perusing through the trash and I assumed that he was looking for bottles...if not something to eat. I don't want to be presumptuous.

But later on after the couple had left this fellow came around where wolf boy and I were sitting. Waiting. The dude came up to talk to me. He spoke to me in English. He was curious about the creature. Funny thing is he was wearing a t-shirt that said "Los York, New Angeles". Get it? But I took it to be some sort of sign. Los York...my York. York and I got in the car and drove it back onto the ferry. We went to the room and briefly went out on the deck a few times. Everyone was very curious about my boy. He was pretty shy in return. We went back in the room. All that I had to eat was a bit of lunch leftover from when I was laid over in Finland. Some chicken something or other. Some fries. Fifteen hours return to Stockholm. I never took my eye off of him. Worried he would make a mess. He peed twice but I managed to get the towels under him. Didn't want to soil the carpet in the cabin. He was great though...a real trooper. He had a six hour drive to the ferry himself from somewhere deep in the heart of Finland.

As we were down in the hold in the car I asked the semitruck driver who was parked next to me where he was going. Gothenburg...he said. Same direction as me. I asked him if it was tough getting out of Stockholm to get to the highway. He said to just follow the signs. As I was leaving the harbour I found myself behind his truck so I followed him. I was a bit gun shy after the GPS had me going in circles when I arrived. No problem...we found the highway and it was clear sailing. A brilliant sunny day...and hot. I didn't eat anything or even have a coffee. Couldn't leave my boy for a moment. I drove until I was well over half way home and stopped at a McDonald's of all places. Sweden is like the 51st state. I got a little chicken burger and a coffee. Nothing else as I remember.

When I got home it was life at first sight for the wife. This was her hairbrained scheme. She made all of the arrangements for my mission. A mission it was and still is. York is getting me in touch with my inner wolf. Puntzie loves him. Puntzie needed this partner. Dogs need other dogs. I get up every morning between 4:30 and 5 to walk them.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Time shows all Bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                    Time shows all Bottle.
                    don_budge

Comment

Dennis Rodman...wherever you are

This is dedicated to you...and your friend.

don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                        A Mission for don_budge...

Yep...deep into the heart of Finland. Five hour drive to Stockholm capped by a ten minute ride following a cabbie to get me to the harbour. GPS had me going around in circles. After the first circle and into the second I stopped at a cab stand and asked this foreign looking guy to take me to the harbour. Drove the car onto the ferry and fifteen hour cruise to Finland...the water was as smooth as glass.. You could have waterskied on the sea that day. Arrived in Finland at ten in the morning and had to drive the car off the ferry so I parked at the terminal where I was to meet the lady and the dog.

They arrived right on time at one in the afternoon. We walked around and talked. She had her man with her...an ex special forces guy who owned like fifty some dogs together with her twenty-eight or so. He was into eighteen dog sled teams. International competitions. Fascinating people. She said she was a feral person. I totally understood. But the dog was and is a beautiful animal. York is his name. Funny thing...while we were chatting and walking around the outside of the terminal with York there was this homeless guy. Odd looking...half of his head was shaved. I don't know that he was homeless actually but he was perusing through the trash and I assumed that he was looking for bottles...if not something to eat. I don't want to be presumptuous.

But later on after the couple had left this fellow came around where wolf boy and I were sitting. Waiting. The dude came up to talk to me. He spoke to me in English. He was curious about the creature. Funny thing is he was wearing a t-shirt that said "Los York, New Angeles". Get it? But I took it to be some sort of sign. Los York...my York. York and I got in the car and drove it back onto the ferry. We went to the room and briefly went out on the deck a few times. Everyone was very curious about my boy. He was pretty shy in return. We went back in the room. All that I had to eat was a bit of lunch leftover from when I was laid over in Finland. Some chicken something or other. Some fries. Fifteen hours return to Stockholm. I never took my eye off of him. Worried he would make a mess. He peed twice but I managed to get the towels under him. Didn't want to soil the carpet in the cabin. He was great though...a real trooper. He had a six hour drive to the ferry himself from somewhere deep in the heart of Finland.

As we were down in the hold in the car I asked the semitruck driver who was parked next to me where he was going. Gothenburg...he said. Same direction as me. I asked him if it was tough getting out of Stockholm to get to the highway. He said to just follow the signs. As I was leaving the harbour I found myself behind his truck so I followed him. I was a bit gun shy after the GPS had me going in circles when I arrived. No problem...we found the highway and it was clear sailing. A brilliant sunny day...and hot. I didn't eat anything or even have a coffee. Couldn't leave my boy for a moment. I drove until I was well over half way home and stopped at a McDonald's of all places. Sweden is like the 51st state. I got a little chicken burger and a coffee. Nothing else as I remember.

When I got home it was life at first sight for the wife. This was her hairbrained scheme. She made all of the arrangements for my mission. A mission it was and still is. York is getting me in touch with my inner wolf. Puntzie loves him. Puntzie needed this partner. Dogs need other dogs. I get up every morning between 4:30 and 5 to walk them.
                        Welcome back don_budge. Glad you are safe, happy and healthy. Good luck with the dog.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2810 users online. 4 members and 2806 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X