Heart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart problem

5 weeks ago I started feeling sluggish and stopped playing tennis. I had atrial fibrillation. Went for a check up yesterday to our cardiocenter, and the said I have leaking aorta valve. Need to replace it. Am going through a number of preparatory tests and exams, then will probably be operated next week. Good bye tennis for a couple of months.

Good luck Gzhpcu, hope all goes well and you'll be back playing quickly

Comment

Best of luck! Glad that you caught it before it got worse.

Comment

Phil,

Keep us updated! Not as fun as playing tennis but I bet you will emerge better than ever.

Comment

WE are all pulling for you Phil. It is to your advantage that you are in great physical condition going into surgery. Your rehab will be cut in half. Have faith brother and you are fortunate that medicine is so advanced in these procedures nowadays. You'll bounce back. It's what you do.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

We've spoken offline Phil. You know how I feel. Glad Doctors caught it early and you are going to recover like the champ you are. We are all rooting for you.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

I hope everything goes well, Phil. It must be scary to have a problem with your heart but it's great it is being dealt with so promptly. And, yes, as Kyle said, we are all rooting for you. You can be darned sure of that.
              Stotty

Comment

Thanks for your support friends. Hope they can operate asap and get on with rehab. This had to happen just when my racket drop was improving!

Comment

Hi Phil! How are you doing? Hanging in there? Of course you are. It's how you roll. Still pulling for you old boy. You have a lot of things going for you in your favour. Just thinking of you. I wanted to say hello.
                  don_budge

Comment

Just got home from the hospital for the preliminaries. Now I am on the waiting list for the operation. Hope it will be next week sometime. Thanks for asking friend. I feel great and want to get on with it, for an early return to the tennis courts....

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                      Just got home from the hospital for the preliminaries. Now I am on the waiting list for the operation. Hope it will be next week sometime. Thanks for asking friend. I feel great and want to get on with it, for an early return to the tennis courts....
                      Doing a little research. Another reason for you to be confident. I don't know if I feel as confident in the Swedish health care system.

So you have your own insurance. Is it expensive?
                      don_budge

Comment

Don_budge, Yes I have a very good health insurance. Am also lucky that the cardiocenter in Lugano is the best in Switzerland. For my operation they will use a noninvasive procedure.

Comment

Will be operated October 1st, then back to the tennis courts...

Comment

Circling October 1st on my calendar Phil. Everything will be great!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                              Will be operated October 1st, then back to the tennis courts...
                              Thanks for the update.
                              don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8018 users online. 0 members and 8018 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X