No announcement yet.

Two Handed Forehand !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real spreader of Covid-19 would seem to be social gatherings, which create clusters:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...or-coronavirus
    Stotty

Comment

In Poland government quickly closed schools, shops(only shops with food are open) forbade gatherings, forbade all forms of recreation, closed parks and forests,. We are allowed to go out only if we are going to work or to the shop with food. On the streets we must keep 2 meter distance from other person. Even if husband is walking with his wife. In Spain they have 326 deaths for 1 milion, in Belgium 218 /1mln, France 168/1mln, USA 45/1mln, Germany 28/1mln ..... and in Poland 4 /1mln.

Comment

I guess how can we get power with a two handed forehand like monica seles (crossed hand FH). Indeed, I am a lefty. When I hit a two handed forehand, I only use the power of my opponent. Impossible to create power myself. I think it it because of my right arm whitch block the move (the swing). It is not natural and fluid. I tried to extend my right arm, but this right arm always seems to block the move. What is wrong with it ? an idea ? On the contrary, when I tried Gambill's forehand, right arm don't block the move and it seems more natural. The problem with gambill's forehand is that we have to change hands for forehand and backhand. That is why I would like to continue with seles's forehand, but have more power.

Comment

Originally posted by chris210281 View Post
          I guess how can we get power with a two handed forehand like monica seles (crossed hand FH). Indeed, I am a lefty. When I hit a two handed forehand, I only use the power of my opponent. Impossible to create power myself. I think it it because of my right arm whitch block the move (the swing). It is not natural and fluid. I tried to extend my right arm, but this right arm always seems to block the move. What is wrong with it ? an idea ? On the contrary, when I tried Gambill's forehand, right arm don't block the move and it seems more natural. The problem with gambill's forehand is that we have to change hands for forehand and backhand. That is why I would like to continue with seles's forehand, but have more power.
          I know that problem. I tried to solve it for 3 years and I found solution. If you hold right hand tight using your thumb then in the last phase of the stroke your right hand blocks your left hand. Dont use your thumb when you are holding the racket and everything works as it should. You are lefty so dont use the thumb of your right hand.

Comment

I hold the racquet like picture 1. You mean I should hold it like picture 2 ? Difficult to try this at the moment with the coronovirus. Did you find videos or photos of two handers forehand pro players holding the racquet this way ?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

No. You should hold it as I see in the first picture but don't clench your thumb. Only other 4 fingers should work during the stroke. It is one of the possibilities. I think that your racket is too open. Probably you should change the grip of your left hand to more closed. Hradecka, Bartoli and Kucova dont use left forefinger. ( they are right handed) You can see Hradecka in the link. Picture number 532
              W Paryżu trwa wielkoszlemowy turniej French Open. Na kortach im. Rolanda Garrosa oglądamy najlepsze i najpiękniejsze tenisistki na świecie. Wśród nich jest nasza Agnieszka Radwańska.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Diamond View Post
                No. You should hold it as I see in the first picture but don't clench your thumb. Only other 4 fingers should work during the stroke. It is one of the possibilities. I think that your racket is too open. Probably you should change the grip of your left hand to more closed. Hradecka, Bartoli and Kucova dont use left forefinger. ( they are right handed) You can see Hradecka in the link. Picture number 532
                9951 It is number of the picture with Hradecka. I dont know what happened because a minute ago it was 532. Perhaps It was number of her picture some time ago. But she is on this page.

Comment

And here Bartoli with left forefinger.
                  - Myślicie, że tata powiedział (Marion) Bartoli, kiedy była mała, że nigdy nie będzie wyglądała jak Maria Szarapowa, dlatego musi zwrócić na...

Comment

Indeed, it seems as if the number of the photo of Hradecka's forehand is changing each time we click on the link. But, I think I have found the photo you spoke about. Thanks for all; I will try this technique next time. Another detail I noticed on your bartoli's photo. Look at the space it remains on the thumb although she has her two hands on it. We could suppose that the hand at the bottom of the thumb (her right hand) is not fully on the thumb. Maybe, is it one other tip to get more power ????

Comment

I use technique of Peng Shuai. She has other grip of left hand than Hradecka, Kucova and Bratoli. The thumb of right hand touches the middle of the left wrist. Her left forefinger is on the handle. This grip allows to start the stroke with the head of the racket low behind the body. Hradecka, Bartoli and Kucova take the racket back with the head of the racket at the level of the shoulders.

Comment

Comment

Fabrice Santoro's forehand technique is also very interesting, especially his forehand slice.

Comment

First time on grass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3017 users online. 4 members and 3013 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X