X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

First tournament after coronavirus.

Comment

Friendly match. Polish champion and runner-up on one court.

Comment

I like the fluidity of the serve of the guy in blue shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
            I like the fluidity of the serve of the guy in blue shorts.
            His serve maybe looks fine but it did me no harm. I am going to play with him tommorow and decided to suggest him to change the throw of the ball when he serves. I think that if he threw the ball higher there would be more power and rotation in his serve. I think that his best weapon is his forehand. He can hit a winner even if the ball is over his head. It forces me to play long balls.

Comment

First time on the court with tartan surface. Much slower surface than clay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Diamond View Post
                First time on the court with tartan surface. Much slower surface than clay.
                Excellent quality video and level of play. You are a human backboard from the backcourt and your mid-court game is nothing to sneeze at. I am devising tactics in my imagination to play against you and I sort of realize that all of them are going to run into a brick wall. But I believe one of the best options is to bring you forward and then chase you back with a deftly placed lob. To beat you one must take your legs out from under you and it is going to be difficult doing that by just rallying from the backcourt. You are deceptively aggressive from the backcourt as well...sort of passively aggressive until you have the opening.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting. Interesting surface as well. Interesting variety of surfaces in your videos on the whole.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

You are the first person who seem to understand my style. I call it aggressive defense. It is almost the same you called it. My only goal is to hinder the opponent's game. I am not too strong so I avoid playing low balls if I cant force my opponent to run. I am a good runner and my backhand and forehand works the best at the level of my chest so usually I play balls at this height. I try to play angles whenever it is possible. I attack without warning if my opponent is not in a good position on the court and I do it when he is not expecting it. Usually after several higher balls. I try to use the strength of my opponent and don’t let him use mine. Most players play the best when the ball is at the level of hips so lifting the balls I avoid their powerful winners. I win most long rallies so I avoid playing low balls at the beginning. To beat me my opponent has to hit a lot of winners. It is not easy when most balls are at the height over his chest and usually he has to run a lot to be in a position to hit the ball.

Comment

This time not about two handed forehand. In this video you can see two handed backhand similar to that of Monica Seles. It differs from modern two handed backhand. It doesnt mean that it is worse.

Comment

You are the first person who seem to understand my style. I call it aggressive defense. It is almost the same you called it. My only goal is to hinder the opponent's game. I am not too strong so I avoid playing low balls if I cant force my opponent to run. I am a good runner and my backhand and forehand works the best at the level of my chest so usually I play balls at this height. I try to play angles whenever it is possible. I attack without warning if my opponent is not in a good position on the court and I do it when he is not expecting it. Usually after several higher balls. I try to use the strength of my opponent and don’t let him use mine. Most players play the best when the ball is at the level of hips so lifting the balls I avoid their powerful winners. I win most long rallies so I avoid playing low balls at the beginning. To beat me my opponent has to hit a lot of winners. It is not easy when most balls are at the height over his chest and usually he has to run a lot to be in a position to hit the ball.
                      I called it passively aggressive...sort of like giving someone the silent treatment. The cruelest of psychological abuse. Don't give the opponent the opportunity to hit the shot they like to hit. Don't let them play the game they want to play. In all of your videos you manage to get your opponents to play your game.

We can call aggressive defence which is another way of saying playing extremely intelligent tennis. If your opponent doesn't have the guns to penetrate your wall of defence then he had better have another option otherwise he is going to go down in a sea of errors. Nice video of the "Monica Seles" backhand. You are generating some really good pace on the ball. I think that I commented once before on your backhand even though your thread is "Two Handed Forehand!". Seles was also the possessor of a very high tennis IQ and she always dictated play. Commanding the opponent to play her game. I think that the somewhat unorthodox nature of your approach helps you to accomplish this as players are not used to playing against this sort of puzzle.

Please continue...

don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I called it passively aggressive...sort of like giving someone the silent treatment. The cruelest of psychological abuse. Don't give the opponent the opportunity to hit the shot they like to hit. Don't let them play the game they want to play. In all of your videos you manage to get your opponents to play your game.

We can call aggressive defence which is another way of saying playing extremely intelligent tennis. If your opponent doesn't have the guns to penetrate your wall of defence then he had better have another option otherwise he is going to go down in a sea of errors. Nice video of the "Monica Seles" backhand. You are generating some really good pace on the ball. I think that I commented once before on your backhand even though your thread is "Two Handed Forehand!". Seles was also the possessor of a very high tennis IQ and she always dictated play. Commanding the opponent to play her game. I think that the somewhat unorthodox nature of your approach helps you to accomplish this as players are not used to playing against this sort of puzzle.

Please continue...
                        I agreed with you. Don't let your opponent play there games. My strategy is same while playing in court with my head graphene 360 tennis racquets. You guys should improve your games in this quarantine this is the golden opportunity for improving because most people are working from home now-e-days.
                        Tennis is one of the attractive games. It is full of actions and thrills. To perform the best game, it is essential to have the Best Tennis Racquets. The

Comment

It is video from tournament in Sopot I played last week. I lost this match 7:5 6:3 but in the middle of first set I strained the muscle of my thigh. I played against former Champion of Poland in +50 category. He was favorite of this match though I almost beat him in Wroclaw a month ago. I informed my opponent that I would most likely quit but asked for a short break. After thinking about it, I made a decision to continue playing. I had the biggest problems with running forward. A bit smaller when running to the side. I had to play either a little higher and farther or stronger so that the opponent could not play drop shots too often. The rally during which I got injured is at the end of the video. Only 3 rallies were recorded before injury and others after.

Comment

It is video from tournament in Sopot I played last week. I lost this match 7:5 6:3 but in the middle of first set I strained the muscle of my thigh. I played against former Champion of Poland in +50 category. He was favorite of this match though I almost beat him in Wroclaw a month ago. I informed my opponent that I would most likely quit but asked for a short break. After thinking about it, I made a decision to continue playing. I had the biggest problems with running forward. A bit smaller when running to the side. I had to play either a little higher and farther or stronger so that the opponent could not play drop shots too often. The rally during which I got injured is at the end of the video. Only 3 rallies were recorded before injury and others after.
                            Great stuff Gregory Diamond. A real tussle. Sometimes a wounded player can be dangerous and you made your opponent win it. One of the most important characteristic of a tennis player is toughness. It is really tough to play with a strained muscle in the thigh and you showed real guts in sucking it up and finishing the match. Excellent video. When did this match take place? Ooops...answered my own question. It was recently.
                            don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by icerdi91 View Post

I agreed with you. Don't let your opponent play their games. My strategy is the same while playing in court with my head graphene 360 tennis racquets. You guys should improve your games in this quarantine this is the golden opportunity for improving because most people are working from home now-e-days.
                              Absolutely right

Comment

I wonder what happened to Gregory Diamond. His last post was at the end of July. He was injured during a competition. I hope you are ok Gregory Diamond.
                                don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9030 users online. 7 members and 9023 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X