No announcement yet.

Two Handed Forehand !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two handed forehand in action. After this match I changed the forehand.

Comment

The battle between one-handed and two-handed forehand.

Comment

Nice match! You guys looked to be pretty closely matched...who won anyways? Very nice looking club. Care to share a bit about the location and the facility? The red clay puts the location in Europe. Poland?
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I lost in three sets. He is International Champion of Poland in +55 category and I am runer-up in Polish Championships(closed). We are both from the same city. He is extremely strong. His forehand is fastest not only in +55 category but also in +50 category in Poland. I try to avoid it but he almost always stays in the backhand corner so it is not a simple task. My great strength is my backhand so sometimes I can force him to play only slice. It is the only chance to win. We play against each other almost every week so we have a great advantage over all players in our category because we are accustomed to play tough matches. I am not too strong (that is why I am two handed from both sides) so the clay is my favorite surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Diamond View Post
            I lost in three sets. He is International Champion of Poland in +55 category and I am runer-up in Polish Championships(closed). We are both from the same city. He is extremely strong. His forehand is fastest not only in +55 category but also in +50 category in Poland. I try to avoid it but he almost always stays in the backhand corner so it is not a simple task. My great strength is my backhand so sometimes I can force him to play only slice. It is the only chance to win. We play against each other almost every week so we have a great advantage over all players in our category because we are accustomed to play tough matches. I am not too strong (that is why I am two handed from both sides) so the clay is my favorite surface.
            Awesome match Gregory Diamond! My congratulations to you and your "sparring" partner. Nothing better than going toe to toe with a good buddy and shaking hands after a tough go of it. It isn't all about professional tennis. By the way...I find your take on the game very refreshing. Nice to see someone who isn't shy about using unorthodox technique in order to implement an original strategy with novel tactics. Why not? Life's like that...there is more than one way to skin a cat. Where in Poland is your club? How many courts are there?

I'm in Sweden myself. I traveled down to the south of Sweden and took the ferry over the sea to Poland. I picked up two fantastic Siberian Huskies and got right back on the ferry to return home. Give us some background and don't feel shy about posting the videos. Good stuff Bro.
            don_budge

Comment

I am really happy. Yesterday I modified my two handed forehand. It is probably 235th version but without any doubt the best. For over 4 years I tried to copy forehand of Peng Shuai. Unfortunately whatever I did it never looked like her forehand. The last version still differs from her forehand but at last my right elbow went higher as it should. Probably I am too tall to play exactly like her. Natural hight for two handed forehand is at the level of the chest. Pen Shuai is lower so most of the balls she plays at this level. For me most balls are at hip level. Maybe it is the reason why my forehand cant be like her technique. You can see new forehand in this video.

Comment

I watched how Hradecka played two handed forehand and copied one element. I tried to keep the racket perpendicular to forearm all the time. Great improvement. Also probably I found last error in my forehand and I`ll try to change it today. When my opponent hits the ball cross-court I play two handed forehand with the weight of my body on the left foot. It should be on the right. I am not accustomed to that so It may take some time to change it.

Comment

First off, thanks so much for posting your game. second, love the red clay.

Great job on committing to a two handed forehand. Tennis is a two handed sport in a way, in terms of setting up with both hands on the racquet for the unit turn.
                  I've learned the hard way not to identically copy a pro's strokes. Sure, it's great to have it as a reference and focus on the checkpoints but when you try to imitate it ends up looking nothing like the end goal. But thats ok...because the shot is yours and yours only and thats what makes it great. Nobody does a better job of being Gregory Diamond better than Gregory Diamond. I would love to see some slower motion, different angles of your stroke. Once you do that I think the vast majority of posters on here will eat it up and give you some magnificent advice to take your game to the next level.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Delray Beach
                  SETS Consulting
                  Last edited by klacr; 01-20-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Over 15 years ago I injured my right wrist and was forced to play two handed forehand. So if with this injured wrist I almost won Polish Championships in my category( I had a match ball in the final this year) it means that two handed forehand has some advantages over one handed forehand. Of course it has some limits too. We could only imagine level of my tennis if my wrist was not injured and I still used two handed forehand. Maybe on the highest professional level two handed forehand shouldnt be used but I think that in seniors and amateur tennis it is the best solution for most players. Main problem in that category is stability. I planned to record lesson of two handed forehand and post it on youtube but I see that my own forehand needs some changes. I cant promote something not complete.

Comment

This is my offensive version.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Diamond View Post
                        This is my offensive version.
                        Yeah...you put on a real clinic with that backhand volley. Following the serve into the net...what a novel idea! Nice video GregoryDiamond. One of the interesting aspects of your videos is that you always post playing a match. Your entire game looks to be very sound and it makes me wonder what your original forehand looked like.
                        don_budge

Comment

Reminiscence of the old two handed forehand. In next videos there will be new proper version. I found major error in my forehand. Now during the stroke my right wrist is pulling the head of the racket back and racket stays pependicular to forearm. Strings are longer directed in the direction of the stroke. There is also instant reaction of the racket when tha ball touches the strings.

Comment

gd, nice to see you found your way over here from ttw was wondering what happened to you.

Comment

They banned me several times.I came back with a changed nickname but then they banned me without possibility of return. They didnt like two handed forehand.

Comment

Good for you Gregory Diamond. You have your game and you are sticking with it. I love the serve and volley on the indoor clay.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Delray Beach
                                SETS Consulting

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8175 users online. 6 members and 8169 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X