No announcement yet.

2021 Qatar ExxonMobil Open...ATP 250...Doha, Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd Harris, #84 in the world with Tsitsipas like size and athletic ability, wins 1st set vs Stan in tiebreaker. So much depth out there to me, such small margains to success.
    Last edited by stroke; 03-09-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      Lloyd Hsrris, #84 in the world with Tsitsipas like size and athletic ability, wins 1st set vs Stan in tiebreaker. So much depth out there to me, such small margains to success.
      I thought I was looking at a young Tim Buckley for a minute there...expected him to start singing Sweet Surrender at any moment.

He plays well. Not and ounce on that lean but strong physique. Did well to win that game at 3-3 and go 4-3 up. He needs to win this match in the next 10 minutes or you get the feeling Stan will start taking over.
      Stotty

Comment

Love Stan's game. In my dreams, other than Fed, there are not many players I would love to have their game more than Stan.

Comment

Love Stan's game. In my dreams, other than Fed, there are not many players I would love to have their game more than Stan.
          Stan's struggling to get any real form going of late. He is usually good when matches go deep and he gets his big game rolling. Let's hope he picks up.
          Stotty

Comment

The Second Coming

Not sure what time Roger is on tomorrow but have to take my wife to London for a kidney check-up. Nothing too serious but something that has to be kept and eye on. If I'm unlucky with the timings I may miss the second coming, which will be terrible.

Stotty

Comment

At least 6 of the 8 matches tomorrow look very interesting.
              This is probably the best slew of matches ever final 16 for a 250 tournament. Fed is up 3rd match main court approximately 10am eastern time.
              Last edited by stroke; 03-09-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

At least 6 of the 8 matches tomorrow look very interesting.
                This is probably the best slew of matches ever final 16 for a 250 tournament. Fed is up 3rd match main court approximately 10am eastern time.
                Hopefully that gives stotty enough time to "circle back" to see the match. This is a big match for him...Brit #1 versus Roger Federer. Now that is interesting. Funny, how the matches in a draw begin to take on new meaning with Roger in the draw and we haven't even seen him yet. A little unsure of what to expect? The suspense is killing me. I've the match pegged at 16:00 here in Europe.

Look at that section of the draw about Federer. That match should be cat food for Roger should he get past Evans. Even the other quarter looks doable. We are tempted to project Roger into the semis and even the finals. Whoa...hold your horses. One match at a time. One set at a time. One game at a time. One point at a time. Regressing...working backwards.

There was some pretty good action in that "other" tournament yesterday as well. A lot of the former top players trying to claw their way back into form.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Gasquet withdraws, the Goblin gets another bye, which may be good as he just won a tournament on Sunday.

Thiem loses 1st set to Karatsev.
                  Last edited by stroke; 03-10-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Federer's match has been delayed a half an hour giving stotty a bit more time to "circle back". Dominic Thiem circles back on Karatsev after losing the first set to win the next two.
                    don_budge

Comment

Sitting comfortably?

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                        Sitting comfortably?
                        I have to bring the horses in first...then it's Federer versus Evans time. An excellent matchup. Evans is playing good tennis it seems. It will be interesting to see how much of an impression he can make on Federer. With Evans sort of hard nosed approach he isn't counting himself out and sees this as a huge opportunity. Nothing to lose...as they say.
                        don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I have to bring the horses in first...then it's Federer versus Evans time. An excellent matchup. Evans is playing good tennis it seems. It will be interesting to see how much of an impression he can make on Federer. With Evans sort of hard nosed approach he isn't counting himself out and sees this as a huge opportunity. Nothing to lose...as they say.
                          Five minutes in and it looks as if he never left. Nice outfit. Not too many could make that green look as handsome. The guy is just a Federer.
                          don_budge

Comment

I'm enjoying that Federer goes for the aggressive placement even if it's a high tariff shot. He's not interested in the safety play, he's after perfection. Seems to me anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                              I'm enjoying that Federer goes for the aggressive placement even if it's a high tariff shot. He's not interested in the safety play, he's after perfection. Seems to me anyway...
                              Interesting tactical match. Federer isn't interested in a slugfest. Evans is playing it cagey. Federer played an excellent tie-breaker in the first and won. He now has hit a bit of a flat spot and it will be interesting to see how he plays his way out of it...if he can. Down a break in the second.
                              don_budge

Comment

Afternoon everyone!

Just arrived from London in time for the third set. I followed the first set watching the score on an app. At one point in the first set Roger was averaging 90% first serves in, which is an amazing stat in itself. I didn't follow the second set.

Evans doesn't lack confidence and will think he has every chance of winning this.

Great first game of the 3rd set from Roger. Really aggressive. Any more aggressive would be over the top. Just a perfect opener.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7981 users online. 8 members and 7973 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X