No announcement yet.

2021 Qatar ExxonMobil Open...ATP 250...Doha, Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucsovics has now pulled out. Rublev in the semis without playing at match. If his semi opponent pulls out, these tournaments might rethink a 32 man tournament format with 1st round byes.
    Last edited by stroke; 03-11-2021, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Shapolova wins the first set vs Fritz 6-4 without losing a point on serve. Fritz actually played a very good set on his serve. He got broke once but did not lose many points on serve himself. Denis has adopted a new chip service return he is now using some to get more returns in play.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        "cocky beggar" ha, with a hot girlfriend.
        Now I see what his problem is with Daniel Evans...he's jealous. Yeah...it all makes sense now.

don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I did see the girl in his corner.
          The cameraman couldn't help himself. The camera loved her. Easy...so easy on the eyes. Good for him. Evans rocks.
          don_budge

Comment

Shapolova wins the first set vs Fritz 6-4 without losing a point on serve. Fritz actually played a very good set on his serve. He got broke once but did not lose many points on serve himself. Denis has adopted a new chip service return he is now using some to get more returns in play.
            But Taylor Fritz has circled back and broken "The Menace" serve in the first game of the second set, which he won, and now he has broken in the first game of the decider.
            don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

The cameraman couldn't help himself. The camera loved her. Easy...so easy on the eyes. Good for him. Evans rocks.
              Pro tennis players seem to be at top of the food chain for hot girlfriends. Great consistency.

Comment

Taylor and Denis both played great, both big games. It was going to be a brutal loss for somebody. Taylor got it done. He was ovedue for a big win. I really like his game and his disposition out there.

Comment

Taylor and Denis both played great, both big games. It was going to be a brutal loss for somebody. Taylor got it done. He was ovedue for a big win. I really like his game and his disposition out there.
                  Shapovalov self destructed. For all of his physical ability he is short a couple of cards of a full deck. Tennis IQ...marginal. Fritz weathered the storm in the first set and then kept the ball in play. It looks like Taylor get the honour of playing Roger Federer should he dispatch of Nikoloz Basilashvili. Nikoloz has had a string of five defeats in a row broken with his win over another player going through a dismal, rough patch. Nikoloz should be cat food for Roger the Predator. T-minus some forty minutes and counting for blastoff.
                  don_budge

Comment

I shall be intrigued to see how Roger performs today. In theory it should be an easier match than the Evans match was. But he looked tired yesterday.

I remember Pancho Gonzales stating it wasn't that he couldn't play as well as anyone in his 40's, it's just the effect it had on his body the next day. You may remember that Gonzales movie John posted some years ago where Gonzales goes into a rant about how important his string tension was if he was going to be able to beat Rosewell efficiently. I still think his performance in Las Vegas, aged 41, beating Rosewell, Smith, Newcombe and Ashe remains the single best achievement for an, supposedly, over the hill tennis player.

Nearly showtime...25 minutes to go.
                    Stotty

Comment

Still in lockdown here. No tennis permitted. I could get used to this retirement lark. The day is my own to do as I like. I even get to watch Roger in the middle of the afternoon...
                      Stotty

Comment

I see the match has been put back 15 minutes. Sometimes I think the organisers do this deliberately...
                        Stotty

Comment

Roger comes out of the blocks well with little sign of wear and tear from his match against Evans. He's certainly hitting his forehand well and getting serving plenty of first serves in, which, as we know, is usually a recipe for victory.

Roger leads 4-1 first set.
                          Stotty

Comment

Roger let's the second set go. Sensible. Better to save energy for the third. His opponent, whose name I can't spell, is really rolling and hitting a very heavy ball.
                            Stotty

Comment

Roger certainly looked disinterested in competing in that 2nd set after falling behind.. I think I would say that was a first.

Comment

It's footwork that's the problem. He isn't quite sharp enough to get in position at times and opts has to opt for playing half volleys off the baseline sometimes. He's very relaxed. Almost to relaxed. His opponent his belting the ball hard and to a great length much of the time.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7998 users online. 7 members and 7991 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X