Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently changed from Chrome to Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Everything works except for Cageman on the opening page. Any idea as to why that might be? I really like Cageman and want to see him go through his continuous three strokes again.

Comment

• ASA setting

John -

In another thread, you mentioned that for indoor filming to bump the ASA/ISO all the way up. What setting do you recommend for outdoor filming?

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by bottle View Post
        I recently changed from Chrome to Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Everything works except for Cageman on the opening page. Any idea as to why that might be? I really like Cageman and want to see him go through his continuous three strokes again.
        Strange, I have Mozilla Firefox and have not problems seeing him...

Comment

• John, in order to really hit up and not forward on the serve, what do you think of the tip of trying to bend your knees and point your chest at the ball? Thanks
          Last edited by gzhpcu; 03-09-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            Strange, I have Mozilla Firefox and have not problems seeing him...
            It is strange and also includes a reversion to the old format for watching all the videos (I just realized right now). Maybe I'll have to find an alternative since I really prefer the new format with its larger size and different technology which as I understand it resulted from a collaboration of many cool guys. What the actual cause of this present adventure is I have no idea, do know my big screen computer is old, will watch some videos now on my newer tablet to consider any difference.

Comment

• I find that accessing Tennisplayer with an iPad using Google works fine...

Comment

• I must concur.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottle View Post
                  I recently changed from Chrome to Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Everything works except for Cageman on the opening page. Any idea as to why that might be? I really like Cageman and want to see him go through his continuous three strokes again.
                  Right-clicked on blank page. The menu that came up included "play video."
                  Solved.

Comment

• Sean,

Sorry I missed the question 400.

John

Comment

• Phil,

Missed that one too. Still pondering. I tend to think Pat's open chest working space idea is a consquence of other things, but if you experiment and find it a good key let me know. I will puzzle out my own view on it eventually.

Comment

• John, I have been trying it out, and it seems to help me...

Comment

• ASA/ISO setting

John -

Thanks for the info on ASA / ISO setting, I wasn't aware of that. Are there any other settings that can be adjusted, I've only adjusted frame rate and shutter speed?

Sean

Comment

• Those are the one I use.

Comment

• Phil,

Go for it by all means. As usual your question made me do some pondering.

Look at this Fed clip. Go to the deepest part of the knee bend. I don't see how he can point his chest further up without arching his back artifically:

Same for Isner:

Yes the leg drive has a tendency to naturally create some back arch but I'm just not convinced this can be created consciously or at least not so without throwing the motion out of sequence.
                              Still thinking though!
                              Last edited by johnyandell; 03-13-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• John, this is what I was thinking of.... (sorry, it is an old Tony Trabert photo, but illustrates what I mean)

or Lew Hoad...

or from Biomechanical Principles of Tennis Technique by Knudson

Use leg bend instead of twisting back....
                                Last edited by gzhpcu; 03-14-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3092 users online. 10 members and 3082 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X