X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Stotty,
    Weird. He works for me in both regular and high speed. How about a url?
    John
    I just get asked to install a missing plugin. When click to install the plugin I just get transported to this. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205081

I will install the plugin later today when I have time but just thought I would let you know.
    Stotty

Comment

• Yeah thanks I tried on pc only and it's fine. Let me have a look of the mac.

Comment

• Stotty,
        Both are playing for me in Safari on my mac. Having Jeff test it too...

Comment

Stotty,
          Both are playing for me in Safari on my mac. Having Jeff test it too...
          Okay no such luck my end. I am using El Capitan. I have tried to install the plug-in but it's proved a bit of a fiasco trying to do it so far. I will contact Apple over the weekend.

I wonder if it is problem with my mac rather than a general problem with your website. Let me know how Jeff gets on.
          Stotty

Comment

• Hi Slotty,

Can you send me a link directly to one of the Roddick serve videos that isn't working for you? We have three different Roddick archives (1 regular and 2 high speed), so just post a link that is causing you difficulty and I'll investigate.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post
              Hi Slotty,

Can you send me a link directly to one of the Roddick serve videos that isn't working for you? We have three different Roddick archives (1 regular and 2 high speed), so just post a link that is causing you difficulty and I'll investigate.

Jeff
              Sure...

Stotty

Comment

• Ah yes that page is a problem! Thanks for finding this.

Comment

Ah yes that page is a problem! Thanks for finding this.
                  Okay let me know when you've sorted it and I will test it my end.
                  Stotty

Comment

• Should be all fixed. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post
                      Should be all fixed. Thanks for the link.
                      All good now my end. Will drop you a line if I come across any other faulty clips.
                      Stotty

Comment

• John are there any articles on TP that deal with correcting an early leg drive on the serve? I have a kid that constantly hits the upper end of his string bed and sometimes the racket frame because he drives up a fraction too early. The best success I've had so far is lowering his toss but this doesn't suit his motion particularly well.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Not specifically I don't think. I have seen Brian Gordon get kids 15 degrees or so shy of the trophy position. Then start the motion.

Comment

Not specifically I don't think. I have seen Brian Gordon get kids 15 degrees or so shy of the trophy position. Then start the motion.
                            Thanks I'll try the same. It's one thing having the knowledge, quite another to have the coaching tools to make it happen. This is where coaching lags behind the science.
                            Stotty

Comment

• True That!

Comment

• I don't know about you or anybody else in the forum, but there appear to be a couple of generations of tennis players missing from the two clubs to which I belong. there are always juniors in the clubs, always have been and always will be, but there are very few 30 something and 40 something players. those that are there took it up late, not when they were kids. i truly believe it is because of the teaching systems and methodologies used in the US that make tennis such a difficult game to learn. i don't think mayotte's 'new' ideas will help much.

about 15 years ago, when my kids were little, i got frustrated with the lessons provided at the clubs and started teaching them myself using the oscar wegner method. they improved rapidly and started to love the game. i wonder why this method has never been discussed in tennis player. in looking at the european players, particularly nadal, they seem to use at least part of his method.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2425 users online. 8 members and 2417 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X