Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta agree. Stotty, he seems a bit too open.

Great article in the your strokes section on this issu that may help. It features everyone's favorite Swiss/Italian. Check it out.http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...h_3_01_06.html

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Great find Klacr. I will read with interest.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Stotty,
    He might be a natural one hander---at the very least he needs to hit left handed forehands to feel the hand and racket path with the back arm--looks like it's sliding right into his body rather than coming out and around.
    Yes, the one-hander, definitely something I will investigate.

My conundrum at the moment is:

1. why can he not lower the racket head in the forward swing? Is his extreme closed racket face inhibiting his arm and hand rotation at the end of the backswing?

2 . why, on EVERY backhand, does he finish completely open? Is his contact point too far in front (looks it)? Does his extreme bent/bent configuration contribute to this? Does his strong semi-western with his left hand contribute?

These are the questions I am trying to fathom before wading in:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg.pdf

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Stotty
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stotty; 11-15-2016, 02:00 AM.
    Stotty

Comment

• Stotty my advice is have him hit left handed forehands. Se if he can't learn to shape the swing.

Comment

• First time I've seen this described in detail. Surprised USPTA would publish it as they usually try to stay neutral and vague when it comes to promoting a specific technical style.

John, Your thoughts on this serving style?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

• Let me ponder...I have to try to penetrate the fog of terminology.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            Let me ponder...I have to try to penetrate the fog of terminology.
            Bring your waders, it gets deep.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

• I am always suspicious of tennis writer that I can't understand...

Comment

• Remember, if you can't convince them - confuse them.... 😊

Comment

• Glory in the terminology only you are smart enough to understand

Comment

• John, to get the right angle between racket and arm at impact on the serve, should one consciously think of not only hitting up, but across the ball as well? To promote shoulder and arm rotation?

Comment

• Personally I think up and across on a diagonal.

Comment

• John, couple of linking issues w/ the December issue. Your forehand keying article is not linked and the new issue can't be loaded unless "december" is replaced in the web address. Other articles are great as usual.

Comment

• bdole--we aren't live quite yet!

Comment

• He it is Dec. 8th, why isn't the current month available? Frustrating.

Comment

• It's coming soon tonight or tomorrow . A few issues to work out. Glad you are impatient!

Comment

• Live now!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7932 users online. 8 members and 7924 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X