Two Handed Forehand !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle-
    Just curious, what's SETS consulting about?
    SeanO

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Diamond View Post
      They banned me several times.I came back with a changed nickname but then they banned me without possibility of return. They didnt like two handed forehand.
      I believe in freedom of speech...and the freedom to hit your forehand any darned way you choose. Why did they ban you...really? You kept bouncing back...I am impressed.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
        Kyle-
        Just curious, what's SETS consulting about?
        SeanO
        I won't hijack Gregory Diamond's awesome thread. I will send you a private message about it.

As for Mr. Diamond, two hands on both sides, using your whole body. Tennis is a two handed sport after all. If it works for you and the results are making you happy stick with it. Love your match videos. Glad you made it over here to tennisplayer.net forums. Thanks for contributing.

Kyle LaCroix
        Delray Beach
        SETS Consulting

Comment

They banned me several times.I came back with a changed nickname but then they banned me without possibility of return. They didnt like two handed forehand.
          I had you down as trouble from post #15 onwards.
          Stotty

Comment

Kyle,
            Start a thread on SETS--my request!

Comment

probably cuz they are bitter Lisicki fans :P

Comment

Some of my posts on tt.tennis-warehouse forum had almost 500 replys and over 10 thousand views. There was no doubt that the discussion was interesting for most members of the forum. It was obvious that to keep discussion so long I sometimes wrote provocative comments but I always tried to argue using substantive arguments. I wrote about great crisis in tennis. It is not normal that the best players now are 38,33 and 34 years old. It only means that we have a lost generation of younger players. The only reason is bad technique they were taught.

Comment

Some of my posts on tt.tennis-warehouse forum had almost 500 replys and over 10 thousand views. There was no doubt that the discussion was interesting for most members of the forum. It was obvious that to keep discussion so long I sometimes wrote provocative comments but I always tried to argue using substantive arguments. I wrote about great crisis in tennis. It is not normal that the best players now are 38,33 and 34 years old. It only means that we have a lost generation of younger players. The only reason is bad technique they were taught.
                  Is that bad technique or merely because players are taught a less than complete game? Technically, the baseline bashing game has never been better while, technically, the forecourt game has never been worse.

You won't get 10,000 views on here, you might not get 500 replies either, but you will generally get more considered responses.
                  Stotty

Comment

Now Mr. GD if you would only subscribe.

Comment

i love the concept of 2hfh, especially for teaching new folks... as it promotes a "body swing" vs. an "arm swing"...
                      and i'll practice a 2hfh to remind myself to "swing with my body"

i don't think anyone on ttw disagreed that the 2hfh has it's place, and was utilized by some outstanding players (seles, bartoli, santoro comes to mind... found this thread too: https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/inde...ehands.616303/).
                      i think folks disagreed with your claim, that it was the future fh that everyone should adopt.

that said, i see alot of rec folks (and myself) swinging with too much arm, and would benefit from a permanent change to a 2hfh... or at the very least incorporate it into drills to help their 1hfh

Comment

I think on TW when the emotion starts flowing so do the bans.

Comment

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” ― S.G. Tallentyre

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell
                          Last edited by stotty; 01-25-2020, 12:15 PM.
                          Stotty

Comment

Orwell what would he say today?

Comment

Ed Snowden was asked if he had read 1984, to which he replied he had. Ed says digital surveillance today is way more pervasive then in Orwell's book or anything Orwell could have dreamt up. The ability for governments to lean over and reach into someone's life in minute detail has long since arrived. Most of us have no idea how visible and aggregated we have become to businesses and governments. People who say they don't care because they have nothing to hide are completely missing the point.

To get back on thread, I really don't know why anyone would need to use a two-handed forehand, with rackets these days being so light and easy to wield. The big weakness to me is it is harder to run around and hit inside-out and stuff like that. It kind of handcuffs the whole situation.
                              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                                Orwell what would he say today?
                                He would say..."I told you so."
                                don_budge
                                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7778 users online. 9 members and 7769 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X