Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just observing the vagueness of the digital universe...our programmer has no idea whatsoever why England would be faster than Switzerland... my bet is in two weeks the issue disappears...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Just observing the vagueness of the digital universe...our programmer has no idea whatsoever why England would be faster than Switzerland... my bet is in two weeks the issue disappears...
      I will let you know if things change. Still bullet quick here in the UK.
      Stotty

Comment

• Stotty,
        Thanks!

Comment

• Internet Rube Goldberg machine

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Just observing the vagueness of the digital universe...our programmer has no idea whatsoever why England would be faster than Switzerland... my bet is in two weeks the issue disappears...
          Diagnosing Internet connectivity is difficult even with a great deal of diagnostic information.

For example, if you're on a cable modem, you share bandwidth with everyone on your local loop. So, if a neighbor's kid comes home from college for boxing day and decides to binge watch Game of Thrones from Netflix, you're bandwidth is gobbled up.

Even if you're not on a cable modem, your connection to your ISP and it's connection to the "backbone" are shared by thousands of users. Ditto from John's servers to the U.K. {Larger corporations pay companies like Akamai to cache copies of their content on servers all over the world, but ... that's another story.}

Here's a link to a service that tests your connection speed and and allows you to test different connections to local servers. Not sure if it works in U.K., but if not search on "internet speed test":
          Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

Another useful thing to do if you have a laptop is to try connecting to a friend's broadband connection and see whether your experience is still slow – in which case your computer, not your connection, is at fault. If that doesn't help, collect speed results over a week or so, so you have some ammunition when you phone your ISP's customer services.

Here is a link to info on things to look at on your end:

What is the best internet speed test? Ookla's Speedtest is our number one pick! We analyzed each speed test's usability, servers and reliability to compile a list of the best broadband speed tests we trust for your virtual classes, entertainment and remote work.

If you have a Mac, you would use Network Utility:
          Learn how macOS features and apps help make your tasks easier and your work private and secure. Use your Mac seamlessly with all your Apple devices.

There are many versions of Windows, so I won't attempt to address them all, but you can start here:

Good luck!

Comment

• Yeah believe it or not I know that. 50 megs for me in SF!

Comment

• Thing is, I connect to other sites quickly, just Tennisplayer is slow... maybe once in 10 times, fast...

Comment

• Right. It's not Phil's connection per se--something in the internet pipes between us and him.

Comment

• Hey John,

In one of your articles you mention that the the Sony VX2100 is used by alot of junior academy.

Does this shoot in high speed? or enough to freeze frames

What camera would you purchase if your budget was $3000

Comment

• John, I cannot seem to play the older clips in the archive anymore. Any ideas? Could it be a Yosemite thing? I downloaded Yosemite around a month ago and I think it's since then I haven't been able to access the older clips?
                    Last edited by stotty; 12-14-2014, 07:42 AM.
                    Stotty

Comment

• Same here…no oldies access

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                      John, I cannot seem to play the older clips in the archive anymore. Any ideas? Could it be a Yosemite thing? I downloaded Yosemite around a month ago and I think it's since then I haven't been able to access the older clips?
                      I was complaining about the same problem…back in post #1571. I cannot access the oldies. I didn't download the Yosemite thing.
                      don_budge
                      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Guys,

First of all I have no idea what Yosemite is...I went clicking around in both my mac and pc through some of the original clips no problem.

Since there are about 40,000 clips give me an example of some that don't work ok?

Comment

Guys,

First of all I have no idea what Yosemite is...I went clicking around in both my mac and pc through some of the original clips no problem.

Since there are about 40,000 clips give me an example of some that don't work ok?
                          Yosemite is the new operating system for Macs.

I can't access any of the Pancho Gonzales clips. I can get the videos up on the screen but when I click the play button nothing plays. I have had similar problems with the Safin clips and the older Djokovic clips. I'll have to delve back in if you need precise examples...
                          Stotty

Comment

• Some horrible new incompatibility problem caused by Apple bloat ware. GC? Any ideas on how to fix what was once perfect??

Comment

Some horrible new incompatibility problem caused by Apple bloat ware. GC? Any ideas on how to fix what was once perfect??
                              Don't think this is actually related to Yosemite, as most of the Pancho files do work just fine on Yosemite/Safari on my Mac. We are looking into this, but in the meantime, you can use the Firefox browser, which seems to play all Pancho movies just fine. Stay tuned...

Comment

• GC,

It's the old stroke archives, right guys?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3117 users online. 4 members and 3113 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X