This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Yeah we are trying to expand that and have had talks with some of the great Begium coaches now working for the LTA, also Carlos Rodriquez. These things take a lot of time due to the scheduling and travel problems. Never met Peter, got his contact info?
    Carlos would be especially interesting - Justin's reworking of her forehand and serve using video is fascinating.

Good luck contacting Lungren - looks like the previous poster has a line on that.

And thanks for the site!

Comment

Well eventually all secrets will be revealed.

Comment

April issue link broken - Landsdorp

Oops! This link appears to be broken.Suggestions:
        Go to www.*tennisplayer.*net
        Search www.tennisplayer.net for members notes tour john yandell robert lansdorp speaks roger federer rafa
        Search on Google:

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mntlblok View Post
            Oops! This link appears to be broken.Suggestions:
            Go to www.*tennisplayer.*net
            Search www.tennisplayer.net for members notes tour john yandell robert lansdorp speaks roger federer rafa
            Search on Google:
            Sorry about that. I just "copied and pasted" the error message I got when trying to access the article in the April issue concerning Lansdorp and roger and rafa.

Kevin

Comment

Tennisplayer

I like the website and think it's great, but it could do with a new design, a new look. It's been the same for years now and it's rather bland - and no, I'm not a web designer looking for business.

Not that it's a big deal because the site is full of content, which is what counts most.

Comment

Think of it like Google. You don't go there for the design.

Comment

Originally posted by stumphges View Post
                  Hi, new member. I love your site John, but wonder if articles by prominent European (and S. American for that matter) coaches wouldn't improve it.

It seems like many of the modern stroke techniques are coming out of Europe.

If nothing else, how about: Where are they now: Peter Lundgren. I think an article about the evolution of Federer's forehand would be mighty interesting.

Thanks!
                  Lundgren was only 19 when Federer was hitting his forehand. I doubt he had anything to do with it. The next great player will be someone that DID NOT have a USPTA pro or "Famous Coach" working with him/her at the beginning, otherwise they probably would never be great.

Someone said on this site one time, "coaches don't make great players or evolve tennis strokes...the players evolve naturally and the coaches try to pick up on it down the road...well, that's kinda my interpretation of what someone said on here once.

Comment

can you have this part from the top, repeat again at the bottom of each of the forum's pages?

Go Back TennisPlayer.net Forums
                    Reload this Page Tennisplayer
                    Last edited by airforce1; 09-23-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I'll look into it when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                        I'll look into it when I get back.
                        thanks, I know you have a lot going on and sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry about your mom

John,
                          I lost my mother last spring so I know something about what you are going through. I hope the best for you.

Comment

Gael Monfils is listed as "G" in the stroke archive.

Comment

Good catch--we'll fix--he's also listed under his full name...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8237 users online. 8 members and 8229 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X