This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok,

It works fine at home so maby some antivirus software at work or something.

Thanks for you help and great site
    Last edited by gatorjdmd; 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: misspelled help

Comment

Well, at least you can get on somewhere. Sometimes those work networks are picky. Hope you work it out and thanks for the good words.

Comment

John,
        Page 2 of your article on the second serve is missing the video where Pat McEnroe speaks of the Sampras serve.

Comment

Phil,

I got it to play fine. Try again and click on the photo ok?

John

Comment

Thanks, works now...

Comment

Article Links, to where?

Not a bug, but a suggestion.

Your articles usually have links to the forum in general.

But, I suggest, if they went to a specific thread that would promote more-focused, concrete discussion.

Just a thought.

Thank you.

Comment

It's a good one! Let me think about it. Wish I could get more people to comment directly on the articles they read. Maybe that would help.

Comment

New category on equipment?

Equipment is definitely a category missing on Tennisplayer. A systematic explanation of strings, types, guages, material, etc. and their playing characteristics, as well as racket types, stiffness, material, customization, etc.
                  It would be great if Geoff could write articles in this category, so that all of his know-how would be in one place instead of being dispersed all over in different posts.

Comment

Yeah equipment is something I have no expertise and/or much interest in. Just not a gear head. But Geoff just might be the man.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                      Yeah equipment is something I have no expertise and/or much interest in. Just not a gear head. But Geoff just might be the man.
                      Actually, same here John. Though I have an engineering background, tennis is the only area where I have never really been interested in equipment. Just always played more or less with the same frame for years... Thought maybe it might be interesting to know a bit more...

Comment

Yeah I am particular about getting the frame and strings set up right but after that I'll stick with it until "progress" forces me to change...

Comment

Timing out...

John...tennisplayer.net is timing me out now every 10 minutes or so. It did not used to be that way. It is a bit annoying to have to log in so often. Is this something you could look into. Thanks.
                          don_budge
                          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

How odd! Not on the server and not on my end! I will ask Jeff to look into it. It's probably some local setting though...

Comment

Timeout...

Now I get this message when I am timed out...after only some minutes.

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                              1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
                              2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                              3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

username:
                              password:

Before I used to be able to keep the website open for an indefinite period of time and if I was away for an extended period of time I would get a chance to refresh the page with a small box for my username and password in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Anybody else have the same issue?
                              Last edited by don_budge; 09-24-2011, 10:18 PM.
                              don_budge
                              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Programmer will be looking into it Monday!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2326 users online. 7 members and 2319 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X