Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the answer is the time out is 15 minutes and is set on our end. What do guys think? 1 hour 2 hours indefinite??? Cast your vote please.

Comment

Thanks again...JohnY

I can't see any reason to not be indefinite...indefinite gets my vote.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Timeout

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
        So the answer is the time out is 15 minutes and is set on our end. What do guys think? 1 hour 2 hours indefinite??? Cast your vote please.
        It's not unusual for me to be on for a full hour when I am writing a long post. I understand there are limitations on leaving it indefinite. 15 minutes is too short.

don

Comment

Good Man!

The timeout seems to be changed...thank you, sir!
          don_budge

Comment

We reset to 2 hours--Don if you start writing 3 hour posts let me know...

Comment

Put a sock in it, Don!

We reset to 2 hours--Don if you start writing 3 hour posts let me know...
              I'd probably be better off if I was limited individually to 30 minutes. Spending too much time on the site as it is. But thanks for the thought anyway, John.

don

Comment

Have you considered having a tennis terminology page, explaining internal rotation, external rotation, pronation, linear momentum, angular linear momentum, etc. etc? Maybe with diagrams and video examples. I realise such information are dotted around all over the website, but having a page dedicated to this kind of stuff might be useful, not to mention helpful in educating folk.

I realise it's not the sort of thing you could put together in your coffee break…but maybe an idea for the future.

Love your website, John…it's become part of my daily life as a tennis coach. If you were a UK citizen, I'd nominate you to be knighted by the Queen.
                Stotty

Comment

I know this sounds odd, but I always thought it would be cool to have a section titled "Why you're missing" with the following brief articles: "Why your serve goes into the net" --Show a relatively decent player whose serve goes into the net, then analyze exactly why it went in the net. "Why your serve goes long"..same thing. Maybe the same with forehand and backhand. I'm not talking about some beginner who doesn't have continental grip. As tennis coaches, often somebody misses a serve (who has pretty good fundamentals) and looks for immediate feedback on why it missed. Its not always that easy. It would be a tricky thing to write, but very interesting and rewarding for subscribers, I feel.

Comment

Yeah it's a fascinating question. What is that margin? For fun we've had our writers and editors look at two high speed pro clips, say of a serve or a forehand and try to guess which was in and which was out. You know what? The success rate was 50%.

I mean unless the ball hits the side of the frame or something.

And then there is the mental dimension and how that plays havoc with your muscles. If you think you are going to miss you do. If you think you'll make the shot, you likely will.

What I learned to do in coaching was not to let myself get pinned down by that question and have literally said to many players--if anyone can look at one miss and tell exactly what went wrong on that one ball, they are lying.

So I think it's a question of swing shapes--including what the whole body is doing--staying as close to good technique as possible, and understanding the mental dimension. The truth is the player is only one really in a position to say for sure why he missed...

Comment

• columns???

Is there any way to format the forum entries to enable one to make columns...for instance if one wanted to make a column for the name and a column for the age and a column for the mph of the serve. I have wanted to use columns a number of times...I make the appropriate spaces in the forum entry then when I submit reply it left justifies everything.
                      don_budge

Comment

• I don't think the software has that capability. It's basically for messages. I had the same problem myself. Why don't you do a spread sheet or format it in some other program and then attach it?

Comment

• The Pro Return:
                          Part 2: Extreme Grips
                          is the title on the artical
                          Your Strokes: "Modern" Club Play: Fully Open Stance

Comment

• Good catch! We'll correct!

Comment

• this is really really dumb....

have you noticed that some of the links to the left light up green and others don't why is that?

best regards

Comment

• Excellent question and will investigate...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2065 users online. 5 members and 2060 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X