X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroke Archive - Gulbis Missing?

Hi John,

Back when you did the interactive forum on the Gulbis forehand, you mentioned that you'd be putting him up in the stroke archive.

Do you still plan on adding him?

There are some elements of his forehand that I am experimenting with right now, and it would be great to see more angles.

Also, if you happen to have an estimate of his grip off the top of your head, that would be great. Looks pretty western...I'm guessing 4/4?

Thanks!
    Last edited by rosheem; 10-31-2009, 06:16 AM. Reason: Add question on grip

Comment

We need to film him more and he didn't win matches in Cincinnati when we had one chance, so hopefully in the spring after IW. Yeah 4/4 seems close.

Comment

John,

Do you have any clips of the Bryan brothers?

I would love to take a look at Bob Bryan's serve motion, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

Not sure. Think we only have filmed their doubles patterns. Not sure if there would be any overwhelming new insights...But who knows, maybe they will come across center court at IW when we have the fast camera in action...
          Last edited by johnyandell; 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

John, I'd like some more articles in the section "teaching sistem".

Comment

Good point. We have a few in the works from Joe Dinoffer and also myself, Dick Gould, Pete McCraw and some others. Be rolling some of that out over the next year.

Comment

high speed archive-volley section

Hi John, went to the high speed volley section to show a student of mine today and no videos were loading? all of the other sections were fine.
                Can you take a look?

thanks,

Alec

Comment

It's a problem in Quick Time. Probably the easiest fix is to download firefox which is a different (and better) browser. It's free. Try that and report back.
                  www.firefox.com

Comment

more different stroke

I would suggest you to post more different or I would say unique players stroke as well..

Not mentiion about Santro's swing.. how could he stay at that level using forehand slice? or again Kimiko Date's very compact swing... I would suggest post those unique players' stroke...

Comment

Yeah... that whole quicktime thing threw me for a loop too. I'm using a Linux-based workstation, and had some troubles with it. I think I've got it narrowed down to the use of the Sorenson3 codec which is problematic on some Linux distributions. If you use the h264 codec, your videos will probably work more reliably across more systems, and it might even be more space-efficient (needs to be tested).

Another thought is having HTML5-compatible video. Eventually, the web will work its way there. I think Firefox and Chrome both have decent support for HTML5 video.

Comment

According to my Mac friends they have now fixed the problem in the new versions of Safari. Bottom line you would think QT could read QT but then Apple seems to be going the way of Microsoft to force product "upgrades..."

The html5 video thing I don't really understand but I was told we would have to basically recreate the site to have this work for the archive material--which is not likely to happen in my lifetime...

Comment

Hi John,

I wasn't able to play the videos on the stroke archive, or any video which requires quicktime. I've checked for updates and I'm up to date with the versions. I downloaded firefox and tried with that but the videos still won't play.

Any ideas?

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem but I can have one of our editors work with you to try to figure it out. Something is off in the configurations on your system. Are you on Mac or PC?

I am going to send you a QT file by email and you can reply and let me know if you can open it.

Last question--is this on a network in a workplace that might block file downloads?
                            Last edited by johnyandell; 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I'm on a pc. Yes this is on a workplace network, but I don't think it's blocking downloads because i made sure to download the updated quicktime. I'll check my email and try it at home and report back.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Yeah see if you can download at home.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2703 users online. 6 members and 2697 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X