X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!

Comment

• Hi John, under yourstrokes, 9 years ago you kindly looked at my forehand. Wanted to show you where I sm today. Critique appreciated... (am now 74 years young...) thanks

Comment

• The turn should be much stronger. Your left arm isn't going all the way across. Hard to say anything more because there is no frame advance. This is why most YouTube video is of limited to zero value.

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• No prob. Watch the Ultimate Fundamentals Forehand lesson and improve that turn.

Comment

• John -
              What type of ball machine do you use in your lessons? Do you have any experience with the Ace Attack that Archie Dan Smith describes in his article on muscle memory?

Comment

• That's my machine! Love it. Varies spin, speed and launch height. It serves up to almost 100mph and can do slice and kick righty or lefty. Think I paid about $7K?

Comment

• hello john,
                  I have sent mails to your email address as well as posted on your forum about method to unsubscribe.Even after multiple messages I have received zero response from you.I still havnt found the way to unsubscribe.Hope that you will be kind enough to reply.

Comment

• Manish,

Haven't received any of those! Although I had a few from you last year. I always reply. Try this email: videotennis@metricmail.com But I assume you wanted to cancel your renewal and I just did that for you. You are still good til Oct 18.

John Yandell

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                      Manish,

Haven't received any of those! Although I had a few from you last year. I always reply. Try this email: videotennis@metricmail.com But I assume you wanted to cancel your renewal and I just did that for you. You are still good til Oct 18.

John Yandell
                      Is this a better email to reach you on? I have sent a few to the tennisplayer.net email and gotten no reply.

J

Comment

• Yep. Thanks for letting me know about the other!

Comment

• Hi John,

Stotty and I started an exchange about my daughter's backhand in the Coco Gauff forehand thread. It is two sets of videos in two posts from me and then two responses from Stotty.

Stotty suggested starting another thread. But I would like to keep our original exchanges if that is okay with him.

Is there anyway to get this messages over to another thread and then label it "14 year old girls one handed backhand."

Thanks,

Arturo

Comment

• Arturo,
                            Not that I know of! Copy and start a new thread and post? Or just post the videos in a new thread?
                            JY

Comment

• John or anyone have any thoughts on Daniil Medvedev's tactics and what makes him suddenly so effective? Great quotes from Zverev after their final. “Daniil is somebody that plays a way that we have never seen before ..He plays very flat. He plays with shots that you can't really do anything with the ball, I feel like, and that is difficult to play against him in an aggressive way. “Sometimes that's maybe why it looks on TV or from the outside that players are not playing as aggressive against him as against others, but I feel like he doesn't let you.”

Reminds me a bit of when Giles Simon tortured Djokovic at Aussie for hours before losing. Great defense, yes, but also putting Novak in positions where he had to be the aggressor but didn't have a high percentage shot to be aggressive with. Similarly, yes Medvedev has a rock-solid backhand, great movement ( at 6 ft 6 in ! ) but there's something in his shot selection, placement ....

Help me get my head around him game.

Comment

• I haven't seen him play enough and haven't filmed him, so Zverev's comments are probably as good as any.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8027 users online. 2 members and 8025 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X